The following article first appeared in The Echo of Cantley Volume 24 no 6, December 2012. This article is made available for the enjoyment of others with the express permission of the Echo of Cantley.
On November 27, "Le Champagne" tugboat was lifted from the waters of the Gatineau River to its new home in Mary-Anne-Phillips Park. This boat is precisely the same tug that we find on the Cantley logo. The boat was built in 1950 and worked on the River for 40 years. Its raising was the result of two years of effort by Robert Grenier and Margaret Phillips, among others. February's Echo will have an article about its facinating history, both old and recent.
Photos: Joël Deschênes